THE BIBLE (B)
A foundation for what the Bible is and how to study it.
The first lesson in this series is understanding what the Bible is.
B 1 What is the purpose of the Scriptures? II Timothy 3:15,16
1. Scriptures make us wise unto salvation through Jesus Christ.
2. All Scripture is inspired of God.
B-2 Who wrote the Scriptures? II Peter 1:21
1. Holy men of God wrote the Scriptures.
2. These men spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
B-3 How are we advised to study Scripture? Isaiah 28:10
1. Precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little, there a little.
2. Compare scripture with scripture.
B-4 How long does God's word endure? I Peter 1:25 God's word endures forever.
B-5 Why were scriptures written? II Timothy 2:15 For salvation and
B-6 to give us hope. Rom 15:4
B-7 Of whom do the Scriptures testify? John 5:39
1. They testify of Jesus.
2. By accepting the Christ of the Scriptures we receive eternal life.
B-8 What does God promise us if we obey His will? John 7:17 If we surrender to His will, we shall know which doctrines are from God and which are from men.
B-9 True from the begining. Ps 119:160
B-10 Eternal. Matt 24:35
B-11 Truth. Jn 17:17
We can know what God would have us do if we will study and then follow His Word.
PREVIEW: Next lesson shows how we can really trust the Bible as an accurate book beyond any book that ever existed because everything predicted has come true.