The Cornerstone of this website.
INTRODUCTION: The Bible talks about the necessity of remaining in good health.
HL - 1 What should be the Christian's attitude in the use of their bodies?
1 Corinthians 10:31
1. In whatever we eat, drink, or do, we should glorify God.
2. The only way we can glorify God is to follow the principles He has laid down in His word.
HL - 2 What diet did God prescribe for Adam and Eve? Genesis 1:29,31
1. Man's original diet consisted of fruits, grains, and nuts.
2. After the fall, God added vegetables to man's diet. (Gen. 3:18)
HL - 3 After the flood, flesh foods were permitted in man's diet. Notice, however, God's strict requirements as to which animals man could eat. Deut 14:2,3, 6-10.
1. Because we are to be a holy people, we are not to eat any abominable thing.
2. Clean animals both chew the cud and are cloven hoofed.
3. Creatures in the water are clean only if they have both fins and scales.
HL - 4 We can see that God is particular with what we eat. What about what we drink?
1. Sorrow, contentions, babbling, wounds without cause, redness of eyes are all associated with drunkards.
2. The grape juice spoken against is that in its fermented state.
3. The book of Proverbs (20:1) says that those deceived by wine or strong drink are not wise.
HL - 5 What are our bodies anyway? Can we do with them as we wish? I Corth 6:19,20
1. Our bodies are the temples of the Holy Ghost.
2. We are not our own to do with as we please.
3. Therefore, we should glorify God in our bodies.
HL - 6 Why should the Christian be particularly careful in the way he cares for his body?
I Corth 3:17
1. If we knowingly defile, destroy, or cause our bodies to react abnormally, God will destroy us.
2. Actually, we break the sixth commandment, "Thou shalt not kill, “Exodus 20:13, when we defile our bodies.
HL - 7 Suppose we have established some wrong eating or drinking habits, what power is available to us in overcoming them? Phil 4:13
1. I can do all things through Christ who gives me the power.
HL - 8 What type of people will be prepared and ready when Jesus comes?
I John 3:2,3
1. Those ready when Christ comes will be pure as He is pure.
May God help us to keep our bodies pure so that we may be a blessing to others.